*the unedited rantings of a fat 43 year old menopausal ex -talk show host * -married mother of four- read at your own risk - my spelling sux (add * ocd * adhd * lmnop * suv * dvd * y not me)

4/19/2005

pope joni

Theres a new pope - who cares
Not me
Really
I feel more connected to survivor
Then the catholic church

My irish babysitter
She hates the word nanny
And so do I
As she is nothing like juliette mills

My baby sitter friend
She - was consumed by the whole spectacle

Growing up in Belfast in the 70's
She's a good catholic girl
No matter how she disagrees with the church
He was the pope after all
So she watched the funeral at 4 am
Then took a nap by the pool at 4 pm

So today they got a new one
He has a name I cannot spell
I am gonna call him pope b

Last night on cnn
Americans waiting in the piscillica
Wen't ballistic with joy
When they saw the first tuft of white smoke
Only to be devastated moments later
When the grey arose
All on camera

“White flags of winter chimneys
Waving truce against the moon
In the mirrors of a modern bank
From the windows of my hotel room”

I feel about joni mitchell
the way some do about the pope
Joni is as close to the source
As one can get

Her words guide me
The soundtrack of my soul
There is nothing I can ever say
Or express
That she has not already
With a brilliance that blinds

If there was a joni church
I would apply to be a bishop
I can quote her like some do Leviticus
She makes more sense
2 me

Go buy dreamland
Get all her cds if you can
The lastest are spectacular
The violins alone
Magical

This computer capitalizes things
I wish it wouldn't
It uses apostrophes too
And underlines each mistake
Talk about buzz kill
Makes one afraid to try even
Ya know ?
Capital y

After re reading this blog
I feel warner books was correct
About passing on this mess
It is too disjointed
And confusing
Like a radio on scan

Off I go
Tangent here - tangent there
Sometimes I can't even follow it
And I have a map

Soon I am gonna have blue links
In these missives
So if u go get it on amazon
Some money of it goes to charity
How cool is that

Its almost 5 - Tuesday
My pre simon nausea
Is beginning
That show reminds me of star seach
Which I was on in 1984
With a david Cassidy haircut
And hefty bag full of dreams

“Oh I am a lonely painter
I live in a box of paints
I'm frightened by the devil
And I'm drawn to those ones that ain't afraid
I remember that time that you told me, you said
Love is touching souls
Surely you touched mine
Cause part of you pours out of me
In these lines from time to time

Oh you are in my blood like holy wine
And you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you
I could drink a case of you darling
Still I'd be on my feet
And still be on my feet”